To this point in my life I have not shown an allergy to poison ivy. I know what it looks like and always make sure I am very careful when I need to work around it and take as many precautions as I can to avoid the rash. When I was hanging the chain yesterday I mentioned that I was going to be working around poison ivy and that I needed to remove some that was growing up the trees I hung the chain from. It was also all over the ground in the whole area that I was working in.
In the past I have always made sure to wash in cool water as soon as possible. Then I saw this video about how not to get a poison ivy rash.
Since then I have always washed with dish soap and a wash cloth. I wore my muck boots and gloves yesterday, but I know I brushed up against the poison ivy plants around which I was working. Today, I have no poison ivy rash. That could be because I have not become allergic to the oil, or it could be because I washed afterwards. Either way, I will continue to be careful when working around poison ivy, because I’d rather not end up with the rash.